We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Inventory Controller to join our team. As an Inventory Controller, you will be responsible for managing and optimizing our inventory levels to ensure efficient operations and customer satisfaction. This role requires strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Oversee inventory management activities, including stock control, replenishment, and order fulfillment.
- Monitor inventory levels and ensure optimal stock availability to meet customer demands while minimizing carrying costs.
- Conduct regular inventory audits to reconcile discrepancies and maintain accurate inventory records.
- Collaborate with procurement and suppliers to ensure timely and accurate delivery of goods.
- Implement and maintain inventory control systems and procedures to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Analyze inventory data and generate reports on inventory performance, trends, and recommendations for process improvements.
- Coordinate with warehouse staff to organize inventory storage, optimize space utilization, and ensure proper handling and rotation of stock.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, negotiating favorable terms and resolving any issues that may arise.
- Assist in forecasting inventory needs based on sales projections and historical data.
- Stay updated on industry trends and best practices in inventory management and implement relevant strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration, or a related field is preferred.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Inventory Controller or similar role
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data, identify trends, and make data-driven decisions.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in managing inventory records and conducting audits.
- Proficiency in inventory management software/systems and advanced MS Excel skills.
- Knowledge of inventory control best practices, including inventory valuation methods, stock rotation, and demand forecasting.
- Effective communication skills to collaborate with internal teams, suppliers, and vendors.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience in inventory management.